Sunday, September 13, 2009

Like a bad Penney, I'm back!!!

Well, my cousin reminded me about a month ago that I have been lax about my online blogging correspondence. So I guess that means that someone actually looks at this thing!
So today I was trying to decide what to do for dinner and figured that I can type and think at the same time.
Here are my thoughts:
I have some salmon that should be eaten in the freezer and haven't had salmon since Mom and Dad got back from dip netting on the Kenai River!
I have several Zucchini and a large Ziploc of Carrots that are on the counter from my mother-in-law's trip to the local U-Pick farm
2 Mushrooms
Some red, yellow and orange Peppers
1 Roasted Garlic
Peaches from the freezer

Now to find something to do with all this bounty...
Bake the salmon with something yummy, serve with pasta (Julienne Zucchini, Roasted Garlic, Olive oil, a few red pepper flakes,??)
Salmon en Papillote - Salmon and julienne/ thin sliced vegetables cooked in parchment paper

Hmmm...
Ok I'll Pan fry the salmon with a seafood rub and then finish it in the oven while I saute up some of the Zucchini (julienned) in olive oil, roasted garlic and Red Pepper flakes. Add 1/4 Red Onion (sliced), a tablespoon of Flour, a can of diced tomatoes. Heat until bubbling. Serve it over Angel Hair Pasta .
And the peaches... with strawberries or triple berry blend? Cobbler, Crisp, Pie, tart?
after a search online I found a strawberry Peach upside down cake using cake mix, strawberry and peach jello with peaches- substitute raspberry jello and we have Melba upside down cake

STRAWBERRY-PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

1 can (29 oz.) sliced peaches
1 pkg. strawberry Jello (4 serving size)
1 pkg. peach Jello (4 serving size)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. butter (melted)
1 pkg. yellow cake mix

Arrange peaches in buttered 13x9 inch pan. Combine strawberry and peach Jello and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle about 3/4 of the mixture evenly over peaches; dot with butter.

Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour 3/4 of the batter into pan. Stir remaining gelatin mixture into remaining cake batter. Blend well and pour over batter in pan. Swirl spatula through batter to marble.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Turn out onto platter and cool. May top with Cool Whip.



Menu tonight:

Pan fried Salmon with Zucchini Tomato Pasta (topped with a little fresh Parmesan)
Melba Upside Down Cake with whipped cream on top!!!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm glad you're back! i like consistent bloggers, you know :-) and I like new recipes even more... although I have to admit I'm more into the cake than the fish. :-)